In Varberg town centre you can park your car free of charge*, but you have to have a parking disc (P-Skiva). These are available to buy at our reception and in most shops. Price is 20 SEK.
*Except for the spaces right outside the train station, where you can park for 2 hours, but you have to pay at a parking meter. The indoor car parks are charging for parking at night.
1. Multi-storey car park “Briggen” (approx 300 spaces) located on the other side of the railway. Free 10-hour parking between 6am-11pm. Charged parking between 23pm-6am.
2. Free four-hour parking located on the other side of the railway. You will need a parking disc* available for purchase (20SEK) at our hotel reception.
3. Free four-hour parking located by the harbour. You will need a parking disc*. Outside Hotel Fregatten the time limit is 24hrs.
4. Free one-hour parking outside the hotel. During office hours (mon-fri: 9am-6pm, sat: 9am-2pm) you are allowed to park on Borgmästaregatan outside the hotel entrance for one hour (parking disc* needed). However, it is free to park here all night for free (mon-fri: 6pm-9am, sat: 2pm-9am, sun: all day). Remember to use a parking disc at all times!
5. Multi-storey car park “Trädgården” (235 spaces) located by the mall across the park. Free 3-hour parking between 6am-11pm. Charged parking between 23pm-6am.
Please note that the 3 spaces right outside the front door of Hotel Gästis is a loading zone during office hours. Free parking between 6pm and 9am!
* If you do not have a parking-disc, it will be enough with a handwritten note specifying the date and arrival time, according to the regulations.
More information about parking in Varberg HERE.